WEEKLY BUSINESS
FOLLOW UP: Sometimes I think those comment corners are just so I can have a feel good minute sitting at my desk while I read them! Thanks for sharing all the good things that make your life fun and full of gratitude. Hopefully as you thought about all that good, you thought a little bit about the good at TOFW and were inspired to tell everyone about it! This week's share challenge will have you spreading music all around Portland...-------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
Presenter Highlight: Jenny Oaks Baker
Jenny will be joining us as the Friday night musical presenter and you'll LOVE learning about her and listening to some of her music in this week's focus.
Jenny has been wowing audiences with her beautiful violin music since she first started playing at age 4. We promise you will feel like you are hearing more than a soloist when she plays! And even more exciting, Jenny's 10th studio album When You Wish Upon a Star was nominated for a Grammy Award last year. You won't want to miss her presentation.
Presenter Bio & Product Page: http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/119
Seek The Good Snippet: http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenters
Stories & Posts on TOFW.com: http://tofw.com/author/4
Jenny's Mormon Message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YmbZc7PQnY
---------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE
Use those new social media skills to share video or the presenter Bio via Facebook or email this week. If you have your brochures, write a personal note about why a friend would like Jenny and give it to them with a brochure.
This is a great video to share - Jenny's rendition of BE STILL MY SOUL:
{Share Link: http://youtu.be/TUY_GKfccDM}
COMMENT CORNER: Do you have a favorite hymn that helps you to find peace or brings cheer to your heart? Tell us about it!

28 comments:
I Believe in Christ...It just is the core of our beliefs but, I have a hard time picking just one! Music is what lifts my spirits! Thanks for sharing a snip of her music! Beautiful!
Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee has always been my very favorite hymn to get me through the rough time and the good times. There are so many beautiful hymns that bring peace to my soul.
Cathy Dover
I am so looking forward to hearing Jenny Oaks Baker - I love, love, love the strings - and the violin, in particular. For me, the sound is piercing, haunting, comforting, and peaceful, sometimes all at once. It just seems to reach into my soul and evoke powerful emotions. One of my favorite hymns is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing".
My favorite hymn, by far, is The Spirit of God!
It makes me happy, gives me hope of the second coming and is a testimony to my soul!
Marla Windish
I too LOVE the violin and wish I could play. It is a beautiful instrument that makes me smile and warms my heart everytime I hear it. My favorite hymn is I Stand All Amazed...I think the title speaks for itself :-)
Amber Wadsworth
I Know that My Redeemer Lives has always touched my soul. Jenny's violin music is amazing. My grandson plays the violin and I can't wait to have him listen to her music. I'm sure he too will love it.
Marlene Jensen
I am excited to hear Jenny. I love all the hymns- Abide With Me 'tis Eventide is one of my very favorites- that longing for the Savior to stay...love it.
Pam Turley
Since the first day a neighbor took me to church with their family (I was probably 5 or 6) I have loved I Am a Child of God.
Tonya Perkins
I have a hard time answering these questions. Every I read a blog post, I think . . . oh! I love that song. It is my favorite! Oh no, I love that song . . . it is my favorite too! Jenny Oaks Baker is awesome. I am so excited she will be at our event. She is amazing. I think I will have to say "Come thou Fount" is my "current" favorite :).
And my name is Shelly! Forgot my own rule about signing my name!!
"More Holiness Give Me" is this months favorite. I tend to jump from one thing to another. I like mexican food for a month then on to fried rice the next. So, by the time We get to TOFW I will have a new, new favorite. =)
-Janelle Hamm
Ilove the hymn, "Where Can I Turn for Peace?. The words are very comforting when I need a little "pick me up".
Tanya Hancock
Because I Have Been Given Much is one of my favorites and as I write this I think of As Sisters in Zion is also wonderful! I LOVE the opportunity to hear Jenny Oaks Baker again!! She is absolutely amazing in person with her violin!! LaRene Garlock
How Firm a Foundation --- ALL 7 verses! Powerful message!
Music is such a blessing to us here on our journey!
~ Sher Salyards
Because I Have Been Given Much- because we have all been so blessed in so many ways. We have been given soooo much!
Stephanie Jensen
I love the violin music and Jenny Oaks. I love I Stand all Amazed. And many more. Marcia McCormick
My favorite hymn is "A poor wayfaring man of grief" It makes me realize how I need to be serving others and it's a great reminder of how Christ served others. It always brings me back to "center". I can't wait to hear Jenny Oaks Baker!
Tami Hewson
I don't know how you can have a favorite one as there are so many beautiful hymns that express my feelings so fully and that I love to hear or sing. I would say "amen" to all the choices mentioned so far. I would add "How Great Thou Art" to the list of songs above. "Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee, how great thou art! How great thou art!"
Roxane Rodela
Where can I turn for Peace? This is a soul searching hymn. DeAnne Dewey
Beautiful Savior, Lord of the nations. Son of God and son of man. Thee will I honor, praise and give glory. Give praise and glory ever more! Childrens songbook.
--Diane Knaupp
I think I love every hymn mentioned!! One of my favorites right now would be... Lead, Kindly Light. :) I love how music can invite the spirit and sweetly touch or hearts!! I can't wait to hear Jenny! (I'm a little slow posting. I've been out of town.)
<3
Tami Wilcox
I joined the church when I was 17 and the first time we sang "I Stand All Amazed" I felt the spirit and new that Heavenly Father loved me.
Kate West
trying to catch up on my posts before we are off on another summer adventure!...I think the hymn that really gets to my core every time is The Spirit of God. Especially at dedications etc.!!! What a powerful song it is. Loved the video and links to Jenny Oaks Baker's info etc... SO excited to see her at TOFW!
Rochelle Schoenborn
Vancouver East
Washougal River Ward
Jami Naillon
One of my favorite hymns is When Faith Endures (go figure since my name is Faith LOL) as sung by Alex Boye. I listen to it a LOT.
Bethany Davenport
I can't pick one favorite. There are too many that are significant to me.
Heather Gibson
Erin Barnett
Post a Comment