Thursday, June 21, 2012

Presenter Highlight: Virginia Pearce

{Please check registration progress at right and the REG BYCITY tab.}

WEEKLY BUSINESS

Blog Comments:  59 comments on the blog in the last two weeks!  You Oregon girls know how to start things off with a bang! It was so nice to read about your enthusiasm for TOFW...you are what make this program so amazing.  Let's keep this momentum going!!!!

Totes and Brochures: Should be shipped by the end of this week so keep an eye out for them!

                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY FOCUS
  PRESENTER HIGHLIGHT: VIRGINIA PEARCE
For those of you who are new to TOFW teams, one important part of being a team member is knowing all about the event and its presenters so you can share the info. We'll feature different Portland presenters in these highlights with some inside info and video clips of what they will present.  Virginia will be joining us Friday Night so READ ON!


For years, Virginia Pearce has been sharing her insights on motherhood, sisterhood, gospel goodness and what it’s like to be the daughter of a prophet (President Hinckley, just in case you can’t see the resemblance!) with TOFW.  We’re so excited that she’ll be joining us again, this time in Richfield, to share her indomitable spirit and usual zest for life as she faces the challenges that come with losing a husband and embarking on a new season of life.  Virginia really loves the women of the church, past and present, and you’ll feel that love when she speaks to us Friday night.

Presenter Bio & Product Page :  http://deseretbook.com/timeout/presenter/90
Stories & Posts on TOFW.com: http://tinyurl.com/TOFWVP
---------------------------------------------------------------
SHARE CHALLENGE!
Share this video or the presenter bio via Facebook or email this week with someone you think could use a TOFW-style pick-me-up.  If you have your brochures, write a personal note about why a friend would like to come listen to Virginia and give it to them with a brochure.

COMMENT CORNER:  What will you do this summer to "Seek the Good"?

32 comments:

Team Portland said...

I adore this woman! I can't wait to pass on the word that she'll be speaking to us. I can't wait to hear her in person. :-)
Amber Wadsworth

SLB said...

One way I will "seek the good" is to watch these wonderful videos that you send us each week! Virginia Pearce has such a sweet heart. I can't wait to hear her message! OK - I am signing my name now . . . . SHELLY BRADY!! I heart TOFW!!!

Team Portland said...

I am so thrilled to hear Virginia speak at TOFW. I will definitely spread the good news to others!
Marlene Jensen

Team Portland said...

I too am excited to hear from Virginia this yr at TOFW! :) To seek out the good this summer I will follow her advice and wrk on forgiveness.
-Erin Barnett Team Portland

Unknown said...

Amazing! Love Virginia, and can't wait to listen to her at TOFW! Hooray!!
Tami Wilcox Team Portland

Unknown said...

What a sweet message. I shared this video clip on my FB page with this message; "Ever wonder what the daughter of President Gordon B. Hinckley has learned about forgiving others? Watch this short message by Virgina Pearce. You can see Virginia at TOFW, Friday, November 2nd! www.tofw.com"
In a few days I will post the link to the TOFW youtube channel. Pacing myself.
I'm going to watch the rest of the videos, too.
Yeah TOFW!
Dorinda Yates

Tanya Hancock said...

Virgina is such a great example of seeking the good. I'm excited to hear from her!
Tanya Hancock

LaRene said...

I am thrilled to see Sister Pearce on the Friday night line-up!! I am also excited for the tote and brochures!! Have a fantastic week! LaRene Garlock, Team Captain

Kate said...

I'm looking forward to hearing her speak again, last time was great.

Davenports said...

I LOVE her! Can't wait to here her again. I'm always amazed by all of our presenters but being in the presence of the daughter of one of my most favorite prophets is going to be a highlight for sure! Bethany Davenport, Vancouver West Stake

Dana said...

Thanks for this helpful blog. Talked to lots of people who either wanted to attend TOFW, but just never did. (like me) or attended once, but not lately. Hearing Sister Pearce is a good reason to go.

Dana Edvalson, Lake Oswego Stake

Unknown said...

Hi! I am thrilled with this assignment. As a TOFW newbie, only attending one several years ago, I was nervous to join the team. What makes me so happy is I know just who needs to hear this video. Maybe I can do this!!!
-Janelle Hamm , Beaverton Stake

Team Portland said...

Very Excited! I just sat down with my kids and made a summer fun list to keep us busy, but most important, TOGETHER this summer. What could be more GOOD than spending time with family?
Sheila Brame--Centralia Stake

Team Portland said...

I'm so excited to hear Virgina Pearce speak this year. Her story is a great reminder that we need to be careful what we say to others. We never know how words can affect those around us. It's a good reminder to me to think before I speak :)
Tami Hewson

Martha said...

I have had the opportunity to hear Sr. Pearce speak several times, and always enjoy her uplifting message. Martha

Team Portland said...

Sister Virginia Pierce! What a touching clip. Isn't it great that we get to learn from each other in life?!
I am seeking the good this summer by doing special activities with friends & family + making an effort to verbalize the good & blessings in my life.
- Sher Salyards

Team Portland said...

Alaina Lemmon

Marie said...

I'm really looking forward to hearing from Sister Virginia Pierce. She's very warm and down to earth - easy to identify with.
Some of our summer activities to "Seek the Good" include ...improving our gluten free cooking, pioneer trekking, meeting up with friends for EFY, an online school class, celebrating 25 years of marriage, preparing for the high school Portland to Coast run, a family reunion...the list goes on!
Marie Waite, Rainier, Oregon Stake

Leisa said...

Just sent the video link out to my "Help & Happenings" email list!

Leisa Graham °Ü°

Team Portland said...

jami naillon ;>)

Roxane Rodela said...

Virginia Pearce is my hero. The video is short but the impact is huge. As I type this comment I am filled with the spirit and a renewed resolve to be forgiving and to remember that I too need forgiveness. I will definitly be sharing this with friends...members and non-members alike.
Roxane Rodela

Team Portland said...

What a precious lady she is!!! It will be an honor to hear her share a message with us. So excited to have that opportunity!!! THANK YOU TOFW!!!!
Dayna Nyberg
Vancouver WA Vancouver North Stake

nanadover said...

Cathy Dover

Team Portland said...

Already a busy summer for me, so a little behind to send my comment. Love Sister Pearce and this TOFW message shared here. "Seek the Good" this summer? Time with my youngest daughter before she is off to college and cuddling with three new grandbabies this summer :)

Vickie Anderson,Portland,OR Stake

rochelley1 said...

Love Sister Pierce's sweet spirit. What an awesome message about forgiveness! I am seeking the good by cherishing the time spent with family this summer. I had the opportunity to hear sister Pierce and sister Hinkley speak together at Ricks....what a special treat we are in for this November!!! Are you all getting as excited as I am???!!!

Rochelle Schoenborn
Vancouver East Stake

jensenfam4 said...

Sister Pierce is so sweet and amazing! I am sooo excited!!
Stephanie Jensen

Team Portland said...

I agree with Sheila, that FAMILY is how I will "Seek the Good" this summer. And to Vicki...I will be becoming a grandmother (again) this time to twins (in the next week or two). Grandbabies are wonderful!
Tonya Perkins, Springfield,OR Stake

Davenports said...

I just got my tote bag and flyers! I'm getting sooo excited! I LOVE the bag...sooooo CUTE!

hgibson15 said...

She really is fun to listen to. As far as seeking the good, I'm having my 6 yr old son start a business this summer so I can teach him about tithing and saving for a mission. At the same time I will be working on patience. :-) Heather Gibson, Vancouver.

Faithfule Creations said...

Faith here...this summer what I will do to seek the good is a good question. One I'm not entirely sure I've fully considered.

One of the things I DO know that I will do to seek the good is encourage everyone I know to attend TOFW!!!

Tanya Hancock said...

This summer I plan to Seek the Good by reaching out to others and lending a hand to those in need! Such a Great Theme for anytime of the year!!!

Team Portland said...

I really enjoy listening to Virginia Pearce. she is an amazing women. Marcia McCormick