Monday, May 14, 2012

Welcome to the TEAM PORTLAND Blog!

We are so thrilled to introduce you to your very own Team Blog. This blog contains all of the information you'll need as a team member and we'll add posts each week to keep you "in the know" about TOFW in your city. Please check the blog at least weekly; It will contain information for you to pass along about the event, as well as any special team instructions. You will be notified when the blog has been updated, prompting you to log in and have a look.

Please take some time to navigate around and get familiar with everything. Take note of important information that will always be listed on the side bars. Each tab at the top will give you frequently used documents and other information important for team members.

You've noticed that this blog is "private" and is accessed by invitation only. Invitations are administered by your Team Manager. Please do not share any information from this blog with anyone. All documents and information contained herein are the sole property of Time Out for Women and are to be used for purposes set forth by TOFW Managers only.

Each week, we'll have a fun COMMENT CORNER for you to respond to so we know you've been on the blog to see the important Team Information. Don't for get to sign your name!

This week's COMMENT CORNER: Which presenter are you HOPING will be assigned to PORTLAND??

Thank you! Welcome aboard!! We look forward to hearing from you...comment...comment...comment!


Sincerely,

Tennisa Nordfelt
TOFW Manager

79 comments:

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

I love TOFW! woohoo!

Tennisa

SLB said...

I love it too! Shelly :)

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

I'm exticted for TOFG.
TEnnisa Nordfelt

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

I am excited for all of them!
Tennisa Nordfelt

SLB said...

Looks like another great phone meeting! I hope it went well :)

Shelly

Team Portland said...

I thought the presenters were already assigned to our area.
Good meeting last night :)
Marie Waite

Team Portland said...

Hello everyone! I just looked at the list of presenters and there are so many that I like. When are they assigned?
Tonya Perkins

Team Portland said...

Hello everyone! :) I love, love, LOVE Hillary Weeks! If i remember correctly from last nights meeting, the presenters are already assigned and are up on the web page... unless those r just possibles or presenters from previous years. But Im reeeeally hopin she's coming!
-Erin Barnett

Team Portland said...

Hi one and all! All the presenters look FABULOUS...can't wait. I already have several sisters wanting to put a group order together. Go BEND! :-). I'm even going to put a good word in to my friends in Oregon City!!!

Amber Wadsworth

Team Portland said...

I'm soo excited for TOFW! The presenters are going to be AMAZING!
♥ Tami Wilcox

SLB said...

So, this is Shelly here! Good to see the comments coming in. I am heading out the door and will get to the personal blog invites later (some wanted to access from their own google accounts. If you you do - just let me know via my email topofkee@aol.com. To answer some questions about presenters - yes . . . they are tentatively assigned to Portland but are subject to change due to the presenters lives happenings - does that make sense? Anyway - the presenters are all so fantastic - I will just bask in the day know matter who actually ends up in Portland! PS - I love love love the presenters for the TOFG event - so be sure to let the mom's of Young Women know all about Time Out for Girls! - bye - Shelly Brady - Portland Team Lead!

LaRene said...

We are excited for Time Out for Women and Girls!! This will be an amazing weekend! I am so happy to be a part of the planning! LaRene Garlock, Team Captain

Team Portland said...

I am so very excited for November to get here. Hillary Weeks is my fav, but after 2012 TOFW/G is over they will all be my favorite! Having TOFG is an excellent idea ~ love it.
Marlene Jensen

Unknown said...

We already have a group of 30 women who are ready to sign up for our Portland TOFW and we are super exicted! A lot of us are going to bring our daughters too!

Can't Wait!

Lori Hinkey

Team Portland said...

This is going to be fun!
Sher Salyards

Team Portland said...

Yeah! Excited! -Pam Cheney

Dana said...

Hello and thanks for a very informative meeting. I'm new to all of this so looking forward to the experience.

Dana Edvalson

Marie said...

Is someone looking into contacting the hotels near the convention center and finding out about discounts in connection with the TOFW event?
Marie Waite

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rochelley1 said...

Yay! I'm able to log on now! :) getting really excited! A bunch of gals I invited to the FB group have joined and said they are coming!!!! WAHOOO!

jensenfam4 said...

Yay! I am so excited, this is awesome!!!

Team Portland said...

Can't wait. Marcia McCormick

Team Portland said...

Okay, this my first "blog" comment on any blog ever! (Thanks for telling me how Shelly!) I'm excited to see so many of my team members are so much more "blog savvy" than me! So excited for November - it will be here before we know it :~) It's going to be amazing!! ~Sheryl Westover~

Team Portland said...

What a great event - and now we get to add the gorgeous young women?! Fantastic!

Leisa Graham °Ü°

hgibson15 said...

I would love to see Gladys knight or john bytheway sometime.
Heather Gibson

Team Portland said...

i finely found the blog. and its over whelming. hope to get it together, before the event.
donnamarx

jensenfam4 said...

It's fun to see new bloggers on here!
Stephanie Jensen

rochelley1 said...

I am excited to hear Hillary Weeks, I've heard she's awesome! Go Team Portland!!!!!! -Rochelle Schoenborn 💟

Team Portland said...

It's going to be another great year for TOFW-Portland. I'm so happy to be a part of this team again! Tami Hewson

Team Portland said...

I'm super, super excited to be on board with TOFW and TOFG! I'm already networking to get the word out! I have a 16 yr. old daughter and we are both estatic about TOFG!

Melanie Petterson

Team Portland said...

I would LOVE to have Julie De Azevedo Hanks come to Portland--she is my SISTER in LAW!!!! Same weekend--can't you just change the venue? So excited to have TOFG--all my YW in my ward want to come!
DeAnne Hanks Dewey

Team Portland said...

Yea Team Portland! Very excited to have TOFW here again. My favorite presenters are coming, but I also like Mercy River, Brad Wilcox and Jason Wright. Hey, they could all come here, right?
Thanks, Vickie Anderson

Team Portland said...

Thrilled to be part of this awesome group. Hoping hoping with fingers crossed that Hillary will be coming to Portland!!!!<3
Dayna
Vancouver North Stake

nanadover said...

Yay! I can finally get on the blog! I'm excited for Nov. Summer always flies by so it will be here before we know it!
Cathy Dover

Team Portland said...

Really looking forward to TOFW this year! I of course love Hillary Weeks.. but the TOFW speakers never dissapoint! I'm just excited for it all!

Jenni Price

claudiabee said...

We are excited here in Seattle to be able to take a Time Out in Portland!

Claudia Bennett

Marla's Ramblings said...

I would love to hear Michael Wilcox.

Marla in Roseburg

Team Portland said...

I am a first time blog-reader. Thanks for all the awesome comments, can't wait for the event! Diane Robin Knaupp

Team Portland said...

So Excited to be a part of this team and this experience!

Team Portland said...

oops! The above comment was from me, Sheila Brame!

Tanya Hancock said...

I'm so excited that TOFW will be in Portland this year!
Tanya Hancock

Team Portland said...

I am so excited for TOFW!!
I do need to be able to subscribe to this blog with my own email...
Thanks!
Pam Turley

Team Portland said...

Love getting the updates by blog. Thank you for keeping us. nformed. Dayna Nyberg

Davenports said...

I can't wait for it to happen! I have gone every year in Portland and a few years in Seattle with my grandma, mom, and sister in laws, but this is my first time being in the team. It will be different but fun. I'm looking forward to hearing Hillary Weeks new songs in person and also Mary Ellen Edmonds! She always has a good laugh for us all! :) can't wait!
Bethany Davenport
Vancouver west stake

Kate said...

I'm excited for this years time out for women. It looks like a great line-up.

Martha said...

I'm not sure who is coming, but know they all will be good. I really like to hear from Sherrie Dew. Martha Ogden, Milwaukie Stake

Team Portland said...

Merrilee Webb is the first name that comes to mind. Looking forward to November.

Jami Naillon

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to be part of this group! The list of speakers all look amazing. Sheri Dew is of course one of my favorite authors. I love the music of Jenny Oaks Baker and Hilary Weeks! The topic by DeAnne Flynn looks really timely and great! Have been promoting via Facebook and word of mouth to my friends here in the Portland area! Looking forward to a great event!
~Merrilee Cornia
Portland Stake - Evergreen Spanish Branch

Unknown said...

Hi!
I am always touched by Micheal McLean's music. I am so happy he will be performing/presenting this year!!!
-Janelle Hamm

Unknown said...

Fun to see a few of my friends involved with this amazing program! Really excited to help. Thank your for inviting me!
Dorinda Yates

Team Portland said...

Faith here! Oh my goodness life has been SOOOOOOOOOO crazy lately. At any rate, I'm here and checking in. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be a part of this team. My first TOFW event was beyond words. As for the presenter I was hoping that would be assigned to Portland for 2012....two of my fave peeps in all the world. Kris Belcher and Mariama Kallon. When I first heard Mariama's story at TOFW 2010 in Indy, I was moved beyond words...clearly you can see how difficult that is from the length of this comment LOL!

Team Portland said...

Glad to be part of the Portland team. These blogs are great.
Annette Cobb

Team Portland said...

Thanks to all my team for jumping on the blog! You are great!
DeAnne Dewey

Team Portland said...

Time out for Women is awesome!!!!
Alison Wadsworth

Team Portland said...

Looking forward to Mary Ellen and Hilary coming. The other presenters sound wonderful too.
Lorrie Soelberg

Team Portland said...

Whew! I finally was able to log on. Excited for TOFW and my dd is excited for TOFG! As always, I love hearing Sheri Dew and Hilary Weeks. :)
~Leslie Boyce

Team Portland said...

I am excited for the YW time out. The line up of presenters will be a draw. Especially the gal from American Idol. Lara Lee-Reavis

Team Portland said...

Alaina Lemmon

Nancy Abbott said...

Hey team, I'm excited to be on board.
Nancy

nanadover said...

Virginia Pearce is wonderful! I can't wait!
Cathy Dover

Team Portland said...

Alison Wadsworth

Team Portland said...

Watching Virginia Pearce's video, what an inspiration! I've also been sending out mass emails and Facebook invites to all my friends and family.....too fun! Can't wait to see the response!

Melanie Petterson

Team Portland said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog! What a blessing!

Lori Hinkey/Portland team

Team Portland said...

I heard Michael McLean's music at a Time Out for Women a couple of years ago and bought the CD for my husband--he listens to it every day! TOFW is not just for women: our families benefit soooo much! --Diane Knaupp

Team Portland said...

I'm looking forward to all the presenters coming to Portland. alison wadsworth

Team Portland said...

I am looking forward to hearing from Virginia Pearce. Her books are great.
Annette Cobb

claudiabee said...

What wonderful words of wisdom!
Claudia - Seattle

Team Portland said...

Looking forward to TOFW. Becoming a TOFW know it all is hard for me, since I have a love / hate relationship with my computer. Life lesson: It's hard to learn when I am not open to changes. Hate how that works out.
Lorrie Soelberg

Team Portland said...

Smile. --Diane Knaupp

Marla's Ramblings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Portland said...

Super excited for TOFW this year! I'm hoping Michael Wilcox will come to see us here in Portland. The last TOFW on "hope" was a huge blessing in my life and I know this one will be too! So inspiring! Thanks for all you do!

Lori Hinkey/Portland team

Team Portland said...

The "goodest" thing in my life is a toss up: my family and the gospel. LOVE THEM!

~Leslie Boyce

Tanya Hancock said...

I recently saw Jenny Oaks Baker perform and she was truly amazing. She is a beautiful person with a true gift! I'm excited to hear her again!

Tanya Hancock

Team Portland said...

The "goodest" thing is loving and being loved.
--Diane Knaupp

Sheryl said...

One of my favorite hymns (actually a primary song) is "Jesus Once was a Little Child". My daughter played Jenny's rendition in Sacrament Mtg. when she was 10 and the Spirit (and tears) were amazing. I still get teary when I hear it! :)
~Sheryl Westover~

Team Portland said...

I love "BE still my soul". I look forward to listening to Jenny Oaks Baker. Alison Wadsworth

Team Portland said...

I'm not so savvy with facebook but I love to text and I send stuff out all the time sending pics and messages to family and friends. Alison Wadsworth

Sheryl said...

Love this weeks question! I have needed to learn how to send links to friends and family and there are so many great links on this blog to share with people to get them informed and excited about TOFW! I tend to avoid a lot of the Social Networking because I am not very computer savvy, but this week I have a goal to learn (I know it's not that complicated) and be more involved in forwarding on these wonderful resources we have to share!! Sheryl Westover

Marla's Ramblings said...

I love Facebook.

Marla Windish